The aim of The Victorian Button Collectors Club is to encourage the collecting, preservation and appreciation of buttons (antique and modern) and the research into the history relating to their origins and uses. It is also to encourage members to exchange information, to show their collections, and to organise social activities that foster these aims.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8.00 p.m. at the Burwood Heights Uniting Church, corner Burwood Highway & Blackburn Road, Burwood East.
For any further information regarding the club and its activities please contact Sonia Collard (Honorary Secretary) on (03) 5470 6476 or [email protected].
- New members Kit; including one back-issue of Australian Button Collector journal, vital button storage information and a copy of the VBCC Constitution.
- Quarterly copy of the Autralian Button Collector journal; including stories from members, colour photographs of buttons, regular features and reports from presentations of VBCC monthly speakers.
- Admission to monthly VBCC meetings; enjoy presentations, share new finds, participate in auctions and raffles and meet other members.
- Access to 'member's-only' section of the VBCC website.
- Free entry to Annual VBCC events, including the Buttonfest and biennial regional Buttonfest events plus the opportunity to become a stallholder (hire fees apply).
- VBCC Library access; collection of books and journals that include back-issues of National Button Bulletin (US) and Australian Button Collector (VIC) journal, button guides, identification manuals and other button-related volumes.
- VBCC Member list; a comprehensive contact list of other VBCC members, to help you in touch with button collectors across Australia.
- VBCC Button Club membership badge.
- Voting rights at VBCC Annual General Meeting.
Extra copies of the Journal can be purchased for $9.00 each + postage. ($2 Aus, $5 NZ & $7.40 O'seas)
Adobe Reader is required to view the application form. Click here for information on installing Adobe Reader.